Here is how my London Burgers turned out:
I added a fried egg and good dollop of tomato ketchup to my weekend treat.
Recipe for London Burgers
Prep Time - 10 minutes Cook time - 20 minutes
450g fresh beef mince
2 tbsp worcester sauce
4 English muffins
4 tbsp butter
2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tsp English mustard
Dollop of tomato ketchup
1) Combine the mince with half the Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Divide the mixture into four equal - sized portions and shape each portion into a patty about 1cm/ 1/2 inch wider than the muffins, making a dimple in the centre of each patty.
2) Split the muffins and spread each half with butter
3) Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Place the muffins halves in the pan buttered side down and cook for about 2 minutes. Put two muffins halves on each of four plates.
4) Add the patties to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes until brown. Turn and cook on the other side for 4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Place a burger on one of the muffin halves on each plate and drizzle with the remaining Worcestershire sauce.
5) Add the oil to the pan, swirling to coat. Add the eggs and sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and a teaspoon of English mustard. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks are beginning to set at the edges. Top each burger with an egg and the top half with a muffin. Serve immediately.