|Lemon pork meatball sandwich|
This book is split into the following chapters:
- Techniques - techniques in making meatballs, fish balls, tartares and burgers.
- Sauces - Recipes to try include the classic barbecue sauce, curried raita sauce and parmesan sauce.
- Meatballs - tempting recipes include meatballs with choizo, Greek lamb meatballs, fried chicken meatballs and lemon pork meatballs.
- Fishballs, recipes to try include cod and coconut fish balls.
- Truffles - for the sweet lovers the chocolate coconut.
- Tartares - tempting recipes include Lebanese lamb tartare and Cambodian veal tartare - how exotic.
- Fish tartares - recipes to try include prawn and mango tartare with coconut milk.
- Burgers - my favourite chapter where standout recipes include tandoori burgers, Italian veal burgers and oriental burgers.
- Minced meat - The meatloaf recipe is one to try.
- Side dishes - Recipes to try and enjoy are pan-fried vegetables and sauté potatoes.
Recipe for Oriental Burgers
2 red onion
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp curry powder
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
700g minced beef
4 burger buns
White Cheese Sauce
5 tbsp Greek yoghurt
3 tbsp Creme fraiche
1/2 tsp cumin
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Make the white cheese sauce by mixing together all the ingredients.
Peel and chop the onions. Heat the olive oil in a frying pam, then add the onions. Cook over a high heat until they are transparent, making sure that they do not stick. Add the raisins and curry powder. Mix thoroughly.
In a large bowl, mix the onion mixture with the tomato ketchup and the minced beef. Mix throughly and make into 4 patties.
Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and slice the tomatoes. Cut the buns in half and put the halves in the preheated oven.
Cook the patties on both sides in a hot non-stick frying pan.
Remove the buns from the oven. Spread each half with 1 tbsp of white cheese sauce, and put 2 slices of tomato, 1 patty and some cucumber slices on the bottom halves. Cover the burgers with the top halves of the buns.
The lovely people at Jacqui Small Publishers are offering one lucky reader a copy of this fabulous book. To be in with a chance, follow the below instructions and enter the rafflecopter.