I have missed reviewing cookbooks on my blog, the last cook book I reviewed was in early January and now as we are heading towards the last week in February, I have missed writing about glossy pages full of recipes which makes me drool. I was sent this book, Greens 24/7 by blogger Jessica Nadel in early December, which was perfect for looking at ideas and recipes to make in 2015 when we are all trying to eat healthier. I have to credit this book for finding a love of making juices and smoothies for breakfast instead of my usual fare of cereal or porridge. This book contains 100 easy vegan recipes, which to a meat lover is a pleasant surprise to me as I did not realise vegan recipes could be so versatile.
The front cover instantly had me sold as this features: several juices, a burger, chocolate cake and a pizza all which are vegan! For those who have never cooked primarily with green vegetables, there is a handy green fact file with the different types of greens, alongside recommended recipes which can be used making these recipes. For example, green vegetable kale, can be used to make cherry-kale, quencher smoothie, kale Waldorf salad with avocado, kale chips, kale and kabocha enchiladas verde and sweet massaged kale and fruit salad. Not sure how to eat greens throughout the day? Well there is a "typical day" of green recipes for: the parent trying to feed their kids green, for the super busy, for the health conscious and for those who love to entertain.
Greens 24/7 is divided in 5 chapters.
- Smoothies and breakfasts, recipes to try include: Tropical Green Smoothie, Chocolate Super food Smoothie, Sweet Spinach Pancakes and Cinnamon-Courgette Waffles.
- Green sides and small bites, stand out recipes include: Rocket and White Bean Hummus, Foccacia with Tomato and Courgette and Israeli Cous Cous.
- Green soups and salads, recipes to try include: Mexican Tortilla Soup, Curried Dahl with Chard and Green Bean and Mango Salad.
- Green main meals, recipes to try include: Linguine with Lemon, Olives and Rapini, Sundried Tomato and Rocket Pizza, Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes with Broccoli and Humus and Sweet Potato and Greens Burger.
- Green Cakes and desserts, my favourite recipes include: Secret Ingredient Brownies, Chocolate Hazelnut Avocado Torte, Avocado and Kiwi Iced Birthday Cake and Vanilla Mint Cheesecake.
So far, I've made Green Smoothie Without a Juicer, Chocolate Super food Smoothie and Green Bean and Mango salad, all which were delicious.
|Green Smoothie Without a Juicer.|
|Chocolate Super food Smoothie.|
|Green Bean and Mango Salad.|
Greens 24/7 cookery book gets a 4.5 star rating from Food Glorious Food: beautifully illustrated recipes, easy to follow instructions and contains a diverse range of vegan recipes.
Recipe for Green Juice Without A Juicer
Serves 1 - Gluten Free.
Prep 7 minutes
2.5 piece of fresh ginger
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through the nut milk bag or cheesecloth and serve. If desired, garnish with a cucumber slices.
Calories per serving 250 calories.
The lovely people at Apple Press are offering three lucky readers a copy of this fab book. To be in with a chance to win this book follow the instructions:
- Follow the instructions on the rafflecopter
- Leave a comment on the blog (THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT)
- For additional entries join the blog, Follow me on Instragram, Follow me on Twitter, Follow me on Facebook Add me on Google Circles and tweet about the giveaway.
- All entries will be checked and verified
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will run from 21.02.15 - 22.03.15.
- Winners will need to respond within 7 working days.
- Apple Press will post out copies of the book.
- The competition is open to UK residents only.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of Greens 24/7 by Apple Press, as always all opinions are my own.a Rafflecopter giveaway