Foodies Festival, the UK largest food and and drink festival is coming to the heart of the Midlands, Canon Hill Park in Birmingham on 15th - 17th May 2015. I adore outdoor food festivals; the atmosphere, the diversity of cuisines and the different age groups that all have a common love in food. I've seen many photos of Foodies Festivals on social media from the different cities that have hosted the event so I know the city of Birmingham are in for a foodalicious treat.
Foodies Festival have been established for 10 years and a range of top well-known chefs will be demonstrating scrumptious dishes in live theatres. Foodies Festival is a very reasonable family day out, tickets range from £8 - £13 for a standard ticket depending upon the day chosen, however, those who want to indulge £35 - £38 for VIP tickets (including a glass of bubbly, goody bag, refreshments & masterclasses amongst other goodies), for children under 12, entry is free. Admission to masterclasses and theatres are free and is on a first come, first serve basis.
As stated there are a number of theatres and happenings at Foodies Festival.
- Chefs Theatre - Ping Coombes, winner of 2014 Masterchef, Glyn Purnell Owner of Michelin Restaurant Purnells and Dhruv Baker, winner of Masterchef 2010 have been confirmed to sharing their culinary expertise on this stage. I am hoping to see all three when I attend the show.
- Chocolate Cake and Bake Theatre
- Wine and Champagne Theatre - Highlights including guiding visitors though the best of British champagne and matching food with alcoholic and non alcoholic beers.
- Craft and Beer & Spirits Theatre
- Tasting Theatre - Local experts guide visitors through masterclasses such as "chocolate safari" and "how to sniff chocolate like a rock star".
- Pop Up Restaurants - some of the regions favourite restaurants will be serving up some their signature treats.
- Street Food Avenue - a feasting hub serving a range of hot and cold dishes from countries such as Africa, French, Mexican, Indian, Argentinian, Brazilian, Japanese and Thai.
- Children's Cookery Theatre - a Kiddy Cook where little ones can learn basic cooking skills.
The lovely people at Foodies Festival are offering 3 readers of Food Glorious Food a pair of tickets (one for you and a plus one). To be in with a chance, please follow the instructions below.
- Follow the instructions on the rafflecopter.
- Leave a comment on my blog (This Is An Essential Requirement). For additional entries follow me on Instragram, like my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, Google + and follow Foodies Festival on Twitter.
- All entries will be checked and verified
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will win from 02.04.14 - 30.04.15
- Winners will need to respond in 3 working days after being contacted.
- Foodies Festival will dispatch the tickets.
- The competitions is open to UK residents only.