Are you part of the Eat Clean trend that is sweeping over the nation? I cant say I'm completely sold, I love carbohydrates and full fat food really does taste good. But as I have my annual holiday to the Caribbean in a couple of months time, I'm desperately trying to lose a pound or 10. As I tend to eat primarily fresh food, I have no idea of how many calories are in my dishes. I can guess, but that's what it is, a guess. And when it comes to cake, well let's not go there. Although I weigh some ingredients using my standard scales, there's no calorie displayed, so I still have no clue how many calories are in per ingredient. That's where this wonderful product from Judge Cookware comes in, their Kitchen and Diet Scale is incredibly useful and an ingenious way of displaying calories of the most common ingredients used in households. Judge's Kitchen and Diet Scales weigh common staples such as chicken, beef, flour, butter, sugar, eggs and chocolate, using a number of measurements such as grams, ounces and millimetres.
I decided to weigh a whole chicken (yes really) to test these scales out because I often eat a portion of whole roasted jerk chicken for my Sunday dinner and I wanted to know how much a 1/6th of my medium sized whole chicken is...... drum roll 487 calories per person. I actually thought this would be less calories, say 300, but that's the good thing about these scales, they are accurate and now I know I've been consuming far too much chicken ......
|Whole chicken being weighed.|
|Whole Chicken weighed.|
|Whole roasted Jerk Chicken.|
The lovely people at Judge Cookware are offering one lucky reader of my blog one of their Kitchen and Diet Scale. To be in with a chance follow the instructions below.
- Follow the instructions on the rafflecopter widget.
- Join my blog and leave a comment (click on the left hand corner of the site and join using Google friend connector). This is an ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT.
- For additional entries, subscribe to my Youtube channel, follow me on Instragram, Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter and follow Judge Cookware on Facebook.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will run from 13.06.15 - 12.07.15
- Winners will need to respond in 5 working days.
- Please feel free to share the giveaway.