It has been another bumper couple of months here at Food Glorious Food of reviewing, hosting giveaways, but mainly I've been cooking and launching my Youtube Channel where I hope to share many Jamaican and Caribbeaan inspired recipes. My Elvis Presley Pancakes were also featured in The Guardian a couple of weeks ago, which was brilliant. I have amassed a number of cookbooks which will feature on the blond in the next month or so. But here are some of the wonderful things which have passed through my kitchen and what I have been up to.
It is picnic season, loved by children and adults, there is nothing more comforting than bringing homemade food, to eat outdoors (ideally in a beautiful setting) and spending time with those that you love. The Picnic Cookbook by Laura Mason is a beautiful collection of recipes that broadened my perception of picnic food and is one which I'll be cooking from for some time. I thoroughly enjoyed writing my review post and preparing a number of dishes from this book.
Hungry Uncle BBQ Sauce
Hungry Uncle BBQ Sauces specialises (as you probably guess) in BBQ sauces. Hungry Uncle premium sauce in Bajan (Barbados) BBQ sauce, something that I have never tried before, but was a wonderful addition to my love of Caribbean sauces. I made oven baked Bajan BBQ chicken which I served with rice and peas. Simply divine.
The lovely people at Finnish asked me my ideas of my Ultimate Dinner Party, a tough one with so many ideas and people to invite, but after the Ultimate Dinner, comes the inevitable washing up. Finish have a range of dish washing tablets to make life a little easier, which my dishwasher was very grateful for.
Foodies Festival came to Birmingham. Yay. This was a fabulous day, although there were some areas which would benefit from improvement. On a positive, I was able to take my photo with the very talented and Saturday Kitchen regular, Glyn Purnell.
BBC Good Food Show Summer
Without a doubt the BEST food show in the UK, read how I got on and my backstage access. How fabulous.
Wicked Good Burgers by Andy Harts, Chris Hart and Andrea Pyenson.
I love a good burger, I really do. I have to many burger recipe cookbooks, but I truly believe you can never have too many. There is a comprehensive introduction to the very loveable burgers, from how to grind your meat, shaping your burgers to the different cooking methods.
The chapters in the book are split into:
- The Basics of Burgers.
- Burgers 101, recipes to try include: Our Perfect Turkey Burger and Sous Vide BurgerAmerican Classics, stand out recipes include: Hills Country Bisket Burger, Beach House Burger and Diner Styled Cheese Burger.
- Where's The Beef, recipes to try include: Duck Burger, 647 Breakfast Burger and Lamb Juicy Lucy.
- Burgers Beyond the Borders, stand out recipes include: Gold Coast Burger and Caribbean Goat Burger. You Want fries With That, stand out recipes include: Sweet Potato Pub Fries, Tempura Onion rings and Wicked Good Fries.
- Thats a Frappe: recipes to try include: Salted Caramel Frappe, Vanilla Frappe and Darkest Chocoalte Frappe.
I've made a couple of dishes, the double cheeseburger (the pictures does not do this dish any justice) and also the Vanilla Frappe, which was moerish, nom.
The lovely people at Fair Winds Press are offering 3 readers a copy of this book, perfect for Summer. Follow the instructions on the raffleopter to be in with a chance.
- Follow the instructions on the rafflecopter widget.
- Join my blog and leave a comment (click on the left hand corner of the site and join using Google friend connector). This is an ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT.
- For additional entries, subscribe to my Youtube channel, follow me on Instragram, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will run from 04.07.15 - 02.08.15
- Winners will need to respond in 5 working days.
- Please feel free to share the giveaway.