Spiralizing, the phenomenon of turning vegetables into long elegant noodles is continuing to go strong in the food world. There are many different types of spiralizer brands out there and even a cookbook dedicated to spiralizing. Spiraizing vegetables appears to so many, it's easy to do (with the right equipment) and the spiralled vegetables offer a nice change to pasta and other carbohydrates. What's more, vegetables spiralized are visibly appealing on the plate. I was recently sent the OXO Hand Held Spiralizer, the RRP is £15 and was keen to get on with using my latest kitchen gadget. The OXO spiralizer, is small and compact which is great as it does not take much room in my cupboard (about the same size as a mug). I was a little to eager and proceed to use this without reading instructions and the spiralling didn't work well. Also, when I did read the instructions my carrots were not spiralizing to resemble pasta. I found watching the video helped (please see below) and I think the success is dependent upon the vegetables use. I found I had more success with courgette a.k.a courgetti. I have used this to spiralize vegetables to eat alongside my favourite carbohydrates, I certainly think the vegetables spiralized are very appealing, compared to say, just boiled. Once I knew how to use the spiralizer, there was no going back, I think practise makes perfect when using this gadget. Would I recommend this product? Yes, the OXO spiralizer is easy to use (once you get the hang of it), a great way of eating vegetables and affordable.
Here is the handy features of the spiralizer
- Non-slip grip for comfortable spiralizing and dishwasher safe.
- Creates uniform curly spiralized noodles from fruits and vegetables to make healthier meals
- Open blade design accommodates both long vegetables like courgettes and round vegetables like potatoes.
- Handle on food holder is easy to hold and fur all the way down for minimal waste.
The lovely people at OXO are offering one lucky reader of Food Glorious Food the opportunity to win a hand held spiralizer. To be in with a chance, follow the instructions below.
- Follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter
- Join my blog and leave a comment (click on the left hand corner of the site and join using Google Friend Connector). This is an ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT.
- For additional entries, subscribe to my Youtube channel, follow me on Intragram, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter.
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will run from 27.02.16 - 27.03.16
- Winners will need to respond in 5 working days
- The giveaway is open to UK residents, aged 18 or over
- Feel free to share the giveaway.