This cookery book gets a big thumbs up for a whole chapter on breakfast - one of my favourite ways to start the day.So far, I've only tried two recipes, the khagina (spicy scrambled eggs with tomatoes and coriander) and Lahori Fish (in chickpea batter and ajwain seeds) but I plan on making much more. The recipe I choose to share is the Lahori Fish, coated in gram flour, this gives a traditional haddock more of an unusual, interesting and delightful take, one which I loved.
|Spicy Eggs with Tomato and Coriander.|
Lahori Fish, In Chickpea Batter and Ajwan Seeds
Preparation - 20 minutes, Cooking 10-15 minutes, Serves 4-6
4-6 haddock fillets
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
100g generous gram flour
2 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp dry-roasted chin seeds
1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
100ml rice water (made by boiling 1 cup wear, straining and reserving the water.
Rub the fish with the lemon juice, turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix the gram flour, rice flour, cumin, ajwain, red chill flakes and remaining salt together in a bowl. Pour the rice water into another bowl. Dip the fish into the dry gram flour mix then in the rice water and repeat again. Continue until pall the pieces of fish are covered. Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan over a medium heat and fry the fish for 4-5 minutes each sir until cooked through with a crisp coating.
The lovely people over at Frances Lincoln are giving one lucky reader a copy of Summers Under The Tamarind Tree. To be in with a chance of winning a copy, follow the below instructions:
- Follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter
- Join my blog and leave a comment (click on the left hand corner of the site and join using Google Friend Connector). This is an ESSENTIAL requirement.
- For additional entries, subscribe to my Youtube channel, Instragram, Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter.
- All entires will be checked and verified.
- Rafflecopter will pick a winner at random.
- The competition will run from 28.04.16 - 29.05.16
- Winners will need to respond in 5 working days.
- Please feel free to share the giveaway.
- Frances Lincoln publishers is responsible for sending out a copy of the cookery book.