Italian food is one of the most recognised cuisines in the word: pasta, pizza and gelato are all associated with this culturally rich country. There has been a number of cookery books that have focused on regional Italian cooking, with a few also specialising in the cuisine of Rome.
I am always intrigued with regional cooking and having been to Rome myself (I didn\’t have a great culinary experience) , I wanted to know more about the eternal city. Eleanora Galasso\’s debut cookery book introduces food lovers to the diverse and somewhat unknown cuisine of Rome. Eleanora has an impressive Instagram following of 45k, showing us the best of #foodhappiness and #romanity.
- Breakfast: recipes to try include: Sticky Buns, Bricohe braid with chocolate flakes and sweet melba toast.
- Merende: Bookmarked recipes include: Three bruchette of a kind, mini pizzas with tomato sauce and Polenta cake with pumpkin and apple.
- Lunch on the run: Stand out recipes include: Rosetta load with mortadella, stracchino cheese & homemade mustard and Friday\’s salt cod with chickpeas.
- Family Lunches: recipes to try include: Citrusy monkfish with fennel accompanied by runner beans in a walnut, mango & pomegranate dressing, filled beef too;s with argetti tart.
- Aperitvo: bookmarked recipes include: stuffed courgette flowers, polenta sandwich with baked sausage & cheese and fritter trio of Roman-style rice balls, potato croquettes and mini meat loaves.
- Romantic Dinners: stand out recipes include: crispy lamb cutlets with cauliflower and chestnuts accompanied by potato and orange savoury cake, Roman-stye ravioli with broccoli, anchovies, sun-dried tomatoes & ricotta.
- #FOODHAPPINESS Suppers: recipes to try include, pork chops with greased bread, aricca-style roast pork with “dragged” savouy cabbage and Lazio-style Ribollito soup.
- Festivities: bookmarked recipes include: pineapple flavoured mimosa cake with candied flowers, Easter bread with egg and poached peaches in syrup with cream.
- Cakes & CO: standout recipes include: Roman-style meringue with orange sauce, Chocolate, amaretti & tutti frutti cake and Apple, chestnut and hazelnut cake with candied oranges.
- Provisions: recipes to try include: Red Onion Preserve, Grape and Pecan jam and Negroni cocktail.
- Midnight Munchies: bookmarked recipes include, Braised sausages with lentils, leeks and fennel, ice-cream drowned in coffee and frothy lemon sorbet.